[Coin-discuss] Building Coin on multiple platforms

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Fri Nov 10 11:58:19 EST 2006

Hi Kish,

>> I am now working around this by adding the --includedir option in
>> configure so that the include files are also placed in platform
>> specific directories. This seems to work. However, I didn't expect the
>> include files to be platform dependent, and as there are 144 files in
>> the include directories, I am not sure how I can make a comparison
>> between the different include directories to see what the differences
>> are.
>>
>> Does any one know if I am doing something wrong to cause this problem,
>> or if the include files are expected to be platform specific?

No, you are not doing anything wrong, there are platform specific header
files. The only platform-dependent header files are the ones that are
generated by the configure script, which are the config_*.h files (e.g.,
config_clp.h).  Those are currently also installed in the default include
directory (since some of the "static" header files depend on them).

I agree that this is not along the lines of what autoconf developers had
in mind, and ideally they should be installed a place different from the
unmodified (and shared) header files.  It's good to know that the
--includedir option does the job you want.  If you know what other
projects do in this case, please let me know, and I will try to changed it
accordingly.

Thanks

Andreas