[Coin-discuss] linking CBC on solaris 5.8 gcc343: undefined symbols

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Fri Mar 31 11:56:13 EST 2006

Sven,

	The immediate cause is that libCbc is not in the link (no `-lCbc' in the
link command).  Why is harder to answer --- I continually build cbc on Solaris
and don't see this problem, but I use the Sun Workshop environment.  A quick
test in the GCC environment also works fine for me.  Are your copies of the Cbc
and Cbc/Test makefiles up to date?  There have been a number of changes in
recent weeks.

	There is an inconsistency which bothers me.  For Sun Workshop,
the syntax to add to the run-time search path is simply `-R/path/to/lib', while
for the GCC environment it should be `-Wl,-R,/path/to/lib'. Your subject line
cites gcc, but the link command looks more like Sun Workshop.

	Gotta take time to do a lecture. Will check back in a few hours.

							Lou