[Coin-discuss] Set objective coefficients

Michal Kaut mail at michalkaut.net
Fri Jun 30 01:36:19 EDT 2006

Hi Laszlo,

does this mean that it is not possible to implement algorithms based on
Lagrangian multipliers? That would be very unfortunate...

(I mean methods when you take constraints g_k(x)=0 and place them into
the objective as min \lambda_k g_k(x), or sometimes \lambda_k g_k^2(x).
The problem is then solved in a loop, starting with lambda equal to
zero, and then slowly increasing their values.
These methods are quite common (and, indeed, crucial) in some areas of
optimization.)

I sincerely hope I am wrong in interpreting your remarks.

Regards,
Michal Kaut