[Coin-discuss] non-optimal solutions from Osi

Kish Shen kish.shen at crosscoreop.com
Wed Jun 28 00:07:18 EDT 2006

Thanks again for your reply.

On Sunday 25 June 2006 11:36, John J Forrest wrote:
> There is some information from Osi using isProvenOptimal,
> isIterationLimitReached but to check feasibility it looks as if you would
> have to check entries in primal solution.  For Clp you can get number of
> infeasibilities.  For Cbc you can check statuses and also bestSolution
> which is a pointer to best solution if not NULL.

I assume I would need to access the ClpModel and CbcModel pointers in order to
get these information (and if I am using CbcModel to solve a linear problem,
I would need to access both models)?

I could not figure out how to get the number of (primal) infeasibilities for
Clp. In XPRESS, this was done by accessing the attribute PRIMALINFEAS, which
is zero if there is a primal feasible solution (and the problem was solved
using primal Simplex).