[Coin-discuss] Check Out the New and Improved COIN-OR!

Michal Kaut mail at michalkaut.net
Wed Jun 21 03:43:25 EDT 2006

Thanks for info.

> Many projects now use a new build system based on the GNU autotools,
> which can make cross-platform compilation much simpler. For users, the
> most noticeable change will be that projects can now be built in
> Unix-like environments, including Linux, Windows (with CYGWIN or Msys),
> and MacOS, using the simple sequence of commands:
>
>     * configure
>     * make
>     * make install

For me, this is a great news, as I am using MinGW+MSYS under Windows -
or it would be, if it worked...

I tried several projects (CLP,OSI,SMI), and the result is always the
same: configure runs without any problems, but make does not:
- I get a the following message many times during the compile:
../libtool: cygpath: command not found
so it looks like the MSYS detection does not work yet?

- The last couple of lines from make look like this:
.libs/CoinPresolveUseless.o .libs/CoinPresolveZeros.o
.libs/CoinShallowPackedVector.o .libs/CoinWarmStartBasis.o
.libs/CoinWarmStartDual.o
../libtool: lib: command not found
make[2]: *** [libCoinUtils.la] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory `/c/Appl/Coin-OR/Coin-Osi/CoinUtils/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/Appl/Coin-OR/Coin-Osi/CoinUtils'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Any ideas?

(I have WinXP, with fresh installation of both MinGW and MSYS. I have
installed the COIN-OR packages into "C:\Appl\Coin-OR\Coin-<Package>",
(via the recommended subversion "Tortoise SVN") and used 'configure' and
'make' from MSYS.)

Thanks.

Regards,
Michal Kaut