[Coin-discuss] COIN/FlopC++ Guide

Leo Lopes leo at sie.arizona.edu
Mon Jun 12 17:22:04 EDT 2006

Hi Christian:

Just to clarify: We really appreciate your contribution, wherever it
resides. I think what we are suggesting is simply that you consider
placing it sooner rather than later onto the documentation pages we
are setting up for Flop/C++. Also, I think Ted was pointing out that
some of your other contributions would be helpful in other parts of
this revamped Coin. Adding your work to Coin in a few days would have
several advantages for you, for users of Flop/C++, and for Coin.
Principally:

* It will be easier and more secure for you. We are dealing with
issues of maintaining a large site, including creating technical
processes and business processes to prevent spamming.

* It will make things easier for end users. Going from the
documentation, to the binaries, to the mailing lists, and other
resources yet to come will be consistent with all Coin-hosted
projects.

* It will be better for Coin. The Technical Leadership Council is
putting in a tremendous amount of hard work behind the scenes right
now. There are some great new features coming up very soon in Coin.
Just stay tuned! Better documentation facilities is one of the major
new features. If you add your documentation to the system we are
creating, it helps validate that work.

So feel free to work away, we really appreciate it. Just remember that
we will have a system for user-initiated documentation up real soon,
and we'd love to have your work in it. I think we'd rather have it on
the Trac system soon rather than waiting until the documentation is
perfect. Other people will refine it. TIA!

Cheers,
Leo.