[Coin-discuss] Still installation problems

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Thu Jul 13 13:18:34 EDT 2006

Hi Christian,

> thank you for your help. Unfortunately I still got problems with the
> installation of COIN. I downloaded "CoinAll_2006Jul12" and started cygwin (I
> switched to it). The configuration was not a problem. The needed packages "CBC",
> "CLP" and "OSI" were configured successfully. Then I typed "test" and I go  the
> message:
>
> make[1]: Entering directory  '/cygdrive/c/COIN/CoinAll_2006Jul12/clp/src'
> .deps/CbcorClpParam.Po:1: ***multiple target patterns. Stop.
> make[1]:Leaving directory  '/cygdrive/c/COIN/CoinAll_2006Jul12/clp/src'
> make: ***[all-recursive]Error 1
>
> What do I have to do?

These are strange error message...  What version of the compilers are you
using?  Are you using a recent version of Cygwin?

> Different question: Do I need the third party applications "ASL", "HSL"  etc.
> if I just want to work with Cbc and Clp?

If you only want to work with those packages, you should get the Cbc
package (which includes Clp), otherwise you get much more from COIN than
you need and compile too much.

At the moment, the ThirdParty subdirectories HSL, Lapack, and Blas are
only required for Ipopt (which is in CoinAll, but you don't need it for
Cbc or Clp).

You will need to download the ASL code if you want to compile the cbc
executable that can be used from AMPL, otherwise you can just ignore it.
If you want to build the Cbc AMPL solver executable, also have a look at
the second last FAQ at

https://projects.coin-or.org/Cbc/wiki/FAQ

which describes how to build the Cbc AMPL solver executable.

Hope this helps,

Andreas