[Coin-discuss] adding constraints incrementally to OsiSolverInterface

Kish Shen kish.shen at crosscoreop.com
Thu Jul 13 00:12:23 EDT 2006

Hi,

On Wednesday 12 July 2006 17:51, J P Fasano wrote:
> > One thing about the CoinPackedMatrix: the
> > documentation states that `extra'
> > spaces can be added to the matrix to
> > allow for faster insertion of new data.
> > Perhaps this can be exposed to the user
> > in both Clp's and Osi(Clp)SolverInterface's
> > loadProblem() methods?
>
> You could use the loadProblem method that has
> CoinPackedMatrix as an input parameter:
>
>    virtual void loadProblem (const CoinPackedMatrix &matrix,
>                              const double *collb, const double *colub,
>                              const double *obj,
>                              const double *rowlb, const double *rowub);
>
> see:
> http://www.coin-or.org/Doxygen/Osi/class_osi_solver_interface.html#z124_0

Thanks for your reply. Loading in the problem using a CoinPackedMatrix (with
extraGap and extraMajor of 1.3) does not seem to make any difference to the
performance. Looking at the code in ClpModel.cpp, I think the problem in the
CoinPackedMatrix is copied to the internal Clp representation, and the
extraGap and extraMajor information in the CoinPackedMatrix is not copied
into this internal representation (which seems to be of class ClpPackedMatrix
rather than CoinPackedMatrix).

Cheers,

Kish