[Coin-discuss] Installation problem

WoelliUSM at aol.com WoelliUSM at aol.com
Tue Jul 11 04:15:05 EDT 2006

Dear all,

I switched my OS from Windows to Linux. I tried to install COIN following
the instructions from this site. The first step "./configure" ended up
successful.
As I tried to use "make", I got an error, which I do not understand:

"Making all in CoinUtils
make[1]: Entering directory 'root/Desktop/Coin/Cbc/CoinUtils'
Making all in src
make[2]: Entering directory 'root/Desktop/Coin/Cbc/CoinUtils/scr'
Makefile: 451: '.deps/CoinBuild.plo' No such file or directory
[...code Ieft out...]
Makefile: 491: '.deps/WarmStartDual.plo' No such file or directory
make[2]: ***No rule to make target
'.deps/WarmStartDual.plo'  Stop
make[2]: leaving directory 'root/Desktop/COIN/Cbc/CoinUtils/src'
make[1]: leaving directory 'root/Desktop/COIN/Cbc/'"

What did I wrong? Why does make looks for .plo-files in directories that  are
not existing (.deps)?
Thanks in advance,

Christian