[Coin-discuss] CglRedSplit abort while resolving modified problem

Kish Shen kish.shen at crosscoreop.com
Mon Jul 10 01:59:09 EDT 2006

Hi,

I tried playing around with some of the cut generators, and when I added the
RedSplit cut generator, I got the following abort:

### ERROR: CglRedSplit::generateCuts(): cstat[0]: 0

while resolving a simple MIP problem -- the initial problem was solved, and
then modified, and resolved. The above abort happened during the resolve.

the way I solve a MIP problem is to create the problem in a
OsiClpSolverInterface, then copy this problem to a CbcModel after
preprocessing it (with CglPreprocess), add the cut generators, etc. (as done
in sample2.cpp example). After the branch and bound, the problem is post
processed back into the OsiClpSolverInterface.

After extracting the solution state from the post processed problem in
OsiClpSolverInterface, the problem is then modified and a new CbcModel
created for the modified problem, which is again preprocessed and put into
the CbcModel. The abort occurs during the branch and bound on this modified
problem.

I have generated a program with calls to the COIN libraries that reproduce
this problem. John (I assume), please let me know if you would like me to
send the program to you.

Thanks and cheers,

Kish