[Coin-discuss] AMPL interface to CLP?

Robert Fourer 4er at iems.northwestern.edu
Sat Jan 7 13:33:31 EST 2006

Robin,

The legal language for the AMPL-Solver Library only appears, as far as I'm
aware, in the source and header files themselves.  As an example, the notice at
the beginning of asl.h is copied below.  Perhaps this doesn't qualify as
release under a certified open-source license, but it seems to be sufficient to
enable people to build and distribute AMPL-solver drivers.  At least, I am
pretty sure that every connection from AMPL to one of the solvers listed at
www.ampl.com/solvers.html makes use of these routines.

I'm copying this to Dave Gay and Brian Kernighan, who might have further
insights.

-- Bob

/****************************************************************
Copyright (C) 1997-2001 Lucent Technologies
All Rights Reserved

Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and
its documentation for any purpose and without fee is hereby
granted, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all
copies and that both that the copyright notice and this
permission notice and warranty disclaimer appear in supporting
documentation, and that the name of Lucent or any of its entities
not be used in advertising or publicity pertaining to
distribution of the software without specific, written prior
permission.

LUCENT DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE,
INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS.
IN NO EVENT SHALL LUCENT OR ANY OF ITS ENTITIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY
SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES
WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER
IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION,
ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF
THIS SOFTWARE.

  _____