[Coin-discuss] AMPL interface to CLP?

Robert Fourer 4er at iems.northwestern.edu
Fri Jan 6 19:35:05 EST 2006

I would add that the entire AMPL-solver library is open-source, available at
http://www.netlib.org/ampl/solvers/.  Instructions for using the library to
write an AMPL-solver "driver" are at http://www.ampl.com/hooking.html.  Source
for many previously written drivers is also available, in the same location as
the library source, so it's often possible to modify an existing driver rather
than start from scratch.

Leo makes a good point of mentioning the work with LPFML and OSiL, which is
intended to eventually render it unnecessary to write a separate driver for
every modeling-language/solver pair.  I don't think that this will be complete
within the next 6 months, however.

Bob Fourer
4er at iems.northwestern.edu