[Coin-discuss] Making changes to coefficients in existing rows in OSI

Thorncraft, Stuart stuart at iesys.com.au
Wed Jan 4 20:54:13 EST 2006

Hi

I've been using the OSI CLP interface to construct and solve the same
optimisation problem repeatedly but with different row bounds, column
bounds and decision-variable coefficients.  I'd like to be able to do
this by making only minor changes to the existing optimisation rather
than regenerate the problem completely from scratch.

I note that the "setColBounds" and "setRowBounds" methods can be used
for changing the bounds on existing columns or rows but could not find a
similar method that can be called to change decision variable
coefficients.

So my question is what is the best way to make changes to
decision-variable coefficients using OSI?  E.g. does a method exist to
do this or is it necessary to delete the relevant row(s) and recreate
them?

Apologies if I've missed something in the OSI interface.

Thanks

Stuart

This e-mail (which includes any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may contain information that is confidential and privileged and the copyright of Intelligent Energy Systems Pty Ltd or a third party. Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Intelligent Energy Systems Pty Ltd. There is no warranty that this e-mail is error or virus free. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the information contained in it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the original message.