[Coin-discuss] Re: BCP eats up memory like crazy!

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Mon Jan 2 17:12:01 EST 2006

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006, Miroslav Karamanov wrote:

> Thank you, Michael. Limiting the density of the cuts fixes
> the problem for the instances I solve.
>
> I wonder how cuts are managed in BCP. What happens after a
> cut is discarded from all subproblems where it has been
> used? Is the cut removed from data structure or only
> pointers to it are deleted?

I've never used BCP, nor inspected its guts.
Good memory management says to remove something
before removing the last reference to it.
Even with bad memory management it should no longer
be affecting the size of the matrix factorizations.

--
Mike   hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.NoDak.edu
May you live in interesting times.  --  Drasnian blessing