tutorials (Re: [Coin-discuss] Thank you... (and a new, real coin question))

Robin Lougee-Heimer robinlh at us.ibm.com
Mon Feb 27 08:15:07 EST 2006

Christian:
>There are tutorials at lehigh website http://coral.ie.lehigh.edu/~coin/

There was/is a link to this website on
http://www.coin-or.org/documentation.html under "COIN-OR General
Information".  It says

COIN-OR Tutorials page at the Lehigh Industrial and Systems Engineering
Department. Current examples focus on BCP and OSI.

Did you find it? If not, let me know what placement would have been more
intuitive.

I've added a link to Francois'  page in the same place - it now says

COIN-OR Introduction page from Francois Margot at CMU. Current materials
focus on BCP, CBC, CLP, and IPOPT.

Robin

Robin Lougee-Heimer
IBM TJ Watson Research Center
1101 Kitchawan Road, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
ph: 914-945-3032   fax: 914-945-3434
robinlh at us.ibm.com
http://www.coin-or.org

Francois Margot <fmargot at andrew.cmu.edu>
Sent by: coin-discuss-bounces at list.coin-or.org
02/26/2006 04:11 PM
Please respond to
Discussions about open source software for Operations Research

Discussions about open source software for Operations Research
<coin-discuss at list.coin-or.org>
cc

Subject

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 WoelliUSM at aol.com wrote:

> ...for all the help!
>
> In the future, I'll skip the double postings!
>
> This question is a "real" Coin-Question:
>
> I want to work with FlopC++ because I am used to work with GAMS and
AMPL,
> but I am also very interested in learning how to translate models into
code,
> that Coin understands. For example, I'd like to know the model behind
> "soduko.cpp". The problem is, that the Coin-Documentation is more for
experienced
> users. In that case, I am a real starter. So If you know something about
> tutorial for beginners, starting about at Adam and Eve, please letme
know.

There are tutorials at lehigh website http://coral.ie.lehigh.edu/~coin/
as well as on my web page http://web.gsia.cmu.edu/fmargot/COIN/coin.html

I am not sure this is exactly what you want, but this is the closest
I can think of.

Francois