[Coin-discuss] Can't get simple Osi and Clp example to work (Newbie Question)

J P Fasano jpfasano at us.ibm.com
Mon Feb 20 15:00:09 EST 2006

> 3)  I successfully ran the makefile in Coin/Osi/Test, and I
> successfully ran the unitTest.exe file in Coin/Osi (although I did
> get the message "Assertion failed: mpsRc==0, file
> OsiSolverInterfaceTest.cpp, line 1757 This application has requested
> the! Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. P! lease contact the
> application's support team for more information.")  So, all the *.o
> files, *.a files, *.hpp files and subdirectories were created.

Are these the messages you are getting?
-------------
Coin6001E Unable to open mps input file ..\Mps\Netlib\e226.mps
Coin0008I  read with -1 errors
Assertion failed: mpsRc==0, file OsiSolverInterfaceTest.cpp, line 1757

way.
-------------

If yes, then you are missing the file COIN/Mps/Netlib/e226.mps.

You probably have the file COIN/Mps/Netlib/e226.mps.gz.
The gz file suffix indicates a compressed file format.
In the cygwin environment you should be able to uncompress these files by:
  - cd COIN/Mps/Netlib
  - gzip -d *.gz

> 4)  I tried running the following example: http://www.coin-or.
> org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/COIN/Examples/Osi/basic.cpp?rev=1.1;content-
> type=text%2Fplain.  I used the following makefile: http://www.coin-
> or.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/COIN/Examples/Osi/Makefile.basic?rev=1.1;
> content-type=text%2Fplain and I appropriately changed "COIN_DIR :=
> /home/COIN" (where my COIN directory ! is located) and ran makefile.
> basic according to the directions at: http://www.coin-or.org/cgi-

bin/cvsweb.cgi/COIN/Examples/Osi/README?rev=1.2;content-type=text%2Fplain.

In COIN/Examples/Osi/Makefile.basic try changing the line
   CXX := g++
to be
   CXX := g++ -mno-cygwin
I suspect that the link errors are because in the cygwin environment COIN
is now building with the -mno-cygwin option and example makefile you are
using does not have this option specified.