[Coin-discuss] Fixing SOS variables in Cbc

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Thu Feb 9 14:04:52 EST 2006

John,

I will fix.  I will send a note when in cvs.

John Forrest

"John Tomlin" <tomlin at yahoo-inc.com>
Sent by: coin-discuss-bounces at list.coin-or.org
02/09/2006 12:14 PM
Please respond to
Discussions about open source software for Operations Research
<coin-discuss at list.coin-or.org>

<coin-discuss at list.coin-or.org>
cc

Subject
[Coin-discuss] Fixing SOS variables in Cbc

There is an irritating, but avoidable problem with fixing variables in SOS
of type 2.
I?ve been finding it useful to fix the variables in SOS which are
satisfied at the continuous optimum - in the S1 case by setting the lower
bound on the non-zero variable to 1.0 and/or the upper bounds on the zero
variables to zero. It turns out that if you set the lower bound on a S2
set variable to 1.0  Cbc throws an exception. However, if you just set
upper bounds to zero it works OK.
Coin-discuss mailing list
Coin-discuss at list.coin-or.org