[Coin-discuss] New OSI point release 0.95.2

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Sun Dec 10 19:19:46 EST 2006

Matt,

I think I may have you a bit astray. It seems that SYMPHONY release
5.1.1 doesn't actually work properly under Linux with Osi 0.95.2 (but
does work fine with 0.95.1). With 0.95.2, everything builds, but if I
try to run, I get errors like:

./vrp -F sample.vrp -N 1

PROBLEM NAME:           eil51
TYPE:                   CVRP
DIMENSION:              51
INITIAL UPPER BOUND:    None

Solving...

*** glibc detected *** ./vrp: double free or corruption (!prev):
0x082a6068 ***

Even the unit test doesn't complete properly now. I'm not sure what
happened between when I told it was fine and the release, but somewhere
in there, stuff stopped working. I've seen errors like this before and
it's usually from linking incompatible libraries. Probably, we are
somehow using incompatible sets or parameters to build SYMPHONY and Osi.
If I set the externals back to 0.95.1, everything is fine. Sorry for the
bad news.

Cheers,

Ted
--