[Coin-discuss] using CLP barrier with OSI

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Fri Dec 1 04:37:10 EST 2006

Kish,

If it linked then it should be OK - the fact that you got errors meant it
was trying to link in code.  You can double check with stand-alone version
i.e. try

clp test.mps -barrier and
clp test.mps -cholesky uni -barrier

and you should see improved ordering

John Forrest

             Kish Shen
             <K.Shen at crosscore
             op.com>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  Discussions about open source
             coin-discuss-boun         software for Operations Research
             ces at list.coin-or.         <coin-discuss at list.coin-or.org>
             org                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
             11/30/06 11:54 PM         Re: [Coin-discuss] using CLP
                                       barrier with OSI

              Please respond
             about open source
               software for
                Operations
                 Research
             <coin-discuss at lis
              t.coin-or.org>

John J Forrest wrote:
you do not use a
> third-party ordering and factorization code.  One from the University
> of Florida is suitable.  If I get time next week I will try and make
> it easier to use with the svn version of Coin - It was working in the
> old cvs version.  This what you have to do - add to your configure
ADD_CXXFLAGS="-DUFL_BARRIER -I(directory with amd.h) -L(directory with
> libamd.a) -lamd
for compilation.
suggested here, but
have run into some
Clp directory
the following way:

1. added ADD_CXXFLAGS to CXXCOMPILE and LTCXXCOMPILE, which is used to
compile the code
after
libClp.la. This is needed to linking.
correctly, but I got the code
compiled.Should I have added it somewhere else?

Kish Shen
but you have to add an extra -lamd in
> Makefile (before -lm).  As I said I will try and make prettier next
week.
> might work well with a problem of the shape you describe.  If you then
> want to convert to Osi the function calls would be very similar.
Forrest
coin-discuss-bounces at list.coin-or.org
>  <coin-discuss at list.coin-or.org>
> Subject

nesting problems. I have quite a lot of variables (up to 1000)
> representing positions of nested parts and approximatly the same
of magnitude of constaints (up to 5000). Those constraints
the non-overlapping condition between nested parts.
those problems as fast as possible. I would like
algorihtm can speed up my computation time ; and
the barrier algorithm included in CLP with OSI

list