[Coin-discuss] error at3100 in AMPL using CBC

J P Fasano jpfasano at us.ibm.com
Tue Aug 29 15:12:05 EDT 2006

> I downloaded the cbc code and builded the cbc.exe file as says the
> https://projects.coin-or.org/MSVisualStudio page, using MSVisual
> Stuido 6. I copyed the cbc.exe file in the ampl folder to try solve
> my problems but after the resume of variables and constraints I got
> this error message:
> Default solver is clp
> Unable to open file.\at3100
> No match for AMPL - ? for list of cammands
> can/t open at3100.sol

The MSVisualStudio build is not setup to build the Cbc Ampl driver.

To build the CBC AMPL driver see the faq "How do you build the COIN-OR Cbc
AMPL solver executable on Unix-like platforms (including Cygwin and MinGW)
from the SUBVERSION Cbc code base?" on page
https://projects.coin-or.org/Cbc/wiki/FAQ.

Since you are using windows, you will want to use Cygwin or MinGW.