[Coin-discuss] MaxCut build

Michele Codutti codutti at mac.com
Wed Aug 16 12:47:32 EDT 2006

Hi Laszlo, I've tried to build MaxCut from Bcp_2006Aug16.tgz without
success. It seems that one file is missing:
Bcp/examples/MaxCut/CG/MC_trianglegen.cpp.
I've tried to use the same name file from MaxCut_2006Jul25.tgz but I get
this error:

g++ -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -mno-cygwin -pipe -DNDEBUG -pedantic-errors
-Wimplicit -Wparentheses -Wreturn-type -Wcast-qual -Wall -Wpointer-arith
-Wwrite-strings -Wconversion   `for i in
include   /home/Administrator/Bcp_2006Aug16/BUILD/inc
lude; do cygpath -w $i | sed -e 's/^/-I/'; done` -c -o
CG/MC_trianglegen.o `test
 -f 'CG/MC_trianglegen.cpp' || echo
'/'`CG/MC_trianglegen.cpp
CG/MC_trianglegen.cpp: In function `void MC_get_triplet(const double*,
int, int,
 int, int*, double*)':
CG/MC_trianglegen.cpp:18: error: `MC_edge_index' undeclared (first use
this function)
CG/MC_trianglegen.cpp:18: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported
only once for each function it appears in.)
CG/MC_trianglegen.cpp: In function `void MC_generate_triangles(const
MC_problem&, const double*, int, int, double, BCP_vec<BCP_cut*>&,
BCP_vec<BCP_row*>&)':
CG/MC_trianglegen.cpp:121: error:
`MC_TriangleGen_AroundBranchingNodeFirst' undeclared (first use this
function)
CG/MC_trianglegen.cpp:124: error: 'const class MC_problem' has no member
named 'branching_node'
CG/MC_trianglegen.cpp:139: error: `drand48' undeclared (first use this
function)

CG/MC_trianglegen.cpp:164: error: `MC_TriangleGen_RoundRobin' undeclared
(first use this function)
make: *** [CG/MC_trianglegen.o] Error 1

I get this problem in Linux (SUSE Linux Enterprise 10) also.
Maybe there's a trivial solution but I don't know what to do!
Can you retry to rebuild MaxCut to ensure that all compile well?
Thanks in advance,
Michele.