[Coin-discuss] Problem with -fomit-frame-pointer/coin_opt_cxxflags

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Mon Aug 14 12:18:24 EDT 2006

Kipp, Andreas,

	I also prefer option 2 (selectively disable based on gcc version).  I'm
a bit surprised that there is no generic version test macro in autoconf.  (At
least, I can't find it on a quick scan through the documentation.)  Andreas, do
you have time to try creating such a macro?  If not, I can put it on my todo
list.  Restricted to gcc, it'd be fairly easy.  Extending to track version for
the broader range of compilers/platforms would be more difficult.  Is this
something where it'd be worth setting a cached variable early in the
configuration, so that other tests can use it?

	Kipp, in answer to your question about changing CXXFLAGS, I ended up
doing this in order to get dylp to build on (-mno-)cygwin. Removed -mno-cygwin
from CXXFLAGS and added it to CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS. (A consistency thing, so
that preprocessing, compilation, and linking all see the same environment.)
You can see the macro that does it in DyLP/m4/ac_dylp_fix_cppflags.m4. But
as Andreas says, ``there's no easy way.''

								Lou