[Coin-discuss] seg fault while using Cbc

Kish Shen kish.shen at crosscoreop.com
Mon Aug 14 00:48:13 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am running some tests on my interface to COIN/OSI solvers, and have run into a
segmentation fault. The problem is a version of the MIPLIB stein15 problem. I am
using Cbc (with a driver based on the sample2.cpp driver) and Clp  (via OsiClpSolver) as
the linear solver.

The problem seem to happen quite soon after the root node, here is a trace of the output
messages:
Coin0506I Presolve 36 (0) rows, 15 (0) columns and 120 (0) elements
Clp0000I Optimal - objective value 7
Coin0511I After Postsolve, objective 7, infeasibilities - dual 0 (0), primal 0 (0)
Clp0006I 0  Obj 7
Clp0006I 0  Obj 7
Clp0000I Optimal - objective value 7
Cgl0004I processed model has 36 rows, 15 columns (15 integer) and 120 elements
Coin0506I Presolve 36 (0) rows, 15 (0) columns and 120 (0) elements
Clp0000I Optimal - objective value 7
Coin0511I After Postsolve, objective 7, infeasibilities - dual 0 (0), primal 0 (0)
Cgl0004I processed model has 36 rows, 15 columns (15 integer) and 120 elements
Cbc0009I Objective coefficients multiple of 1
Segmentation fault

I guess John is most likely to look at this problem? :-) I have generated the calls to
Osi/Cbc that reproduces this problem. Please let me know and I can send you the code.

Thanks and cheers,

Kish Shen

program