[Coin-discuss] OsiClp: problem with sign of objective value

Kish Shen kish.shen at crosscoreop.com
Tue Aug 8 12:02:38 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have been running some unit tests with my interface to OSI, when I noticed the following
problem, with using OsiClpSolverInterface, for the problem:

max(X), where X is given the range 1.0..2.0, with no other constraints

when solved with initialSolve(), the objective value is returned as -2.0, even though X is
correctly given the value 2.0.

I tried the same problem with OsiSymSolverInterface, which also use CLP as the linear
solver, and here I get the correct objective value of 2.0.