[Coin-discuss] new build multiple projects

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Fri Aug 4 17:44:45 EDT 2006

Matt writes

> With the new build system, (v=version):
> if I download project X, I get dependent projects Av1 , Bv1, Cv1,
> if I download project Y, I get dependent projects Av2 , Dv1, Ev1.
>
> This was done on purpose, for a user, since X has (presumably) been tested to
run with Av1. However, what if I am to build an application which uses library X
and library Y. I clearly need to also link to Bv1, Cv1, Dv1, and Ev1. However, I
do not know whether to also link with Av1 or Av2. In fact, if Av1 and Av2 have
any changes in API, it might not even link.

> What is the best way to deal with this scenario?

	Coin-All might do it, if X and Y are both in Coin-All. After that,
I don't have any good off-the-cuff solutions.

	This has been debated back and forth, and is tied to some extent to the
question of releases.  Someone from the TLC may be able to shed more light on
the issue.

						Lou