[Coin-discuss] problem with initialsolve

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Wed Apr 19 09:19:56 EDT 2006

Matt,

We accept BV and UI.  Not sure we can accept SC as no OsiSolverInterface
definition.  I would like to be able to accept S1 and S2 sets if we decide
to extend to SC.

May get round to putting in LI if noone else does first.

John

Matthew Saltzman <mjs at ces.clemson.edu>
Sent by: coin-discuss-bounces at list.coin-or.org
04/19/2006 08:47 AM
Please respond to
Discussions about open source software for Operations Research
<coin-discuss at list.coin-or.org>

Discussions about open source software for Operations Research
<coin-discuss at list.coin-or.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [Coin-discuss] problem with initialsolve

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006, John J Forrest wrote:

> Anureet,
>
> Cplex seems to accept a non standard MPS format bound.  There are LI
bounds
> which I have never heard of (they obviously allow a lower bound of minus
> infinity).  The Mps standard is MI and when I changed them to that then
the
> problem was feasible.
>
> CoinMpsIo should have given error messages on unrecognized bound types -
> think I have corrected that.

These are part of CPLEX's and other solvers' integer extensions--an
alternative to the MARKER format.

LI is CPLEX-speak for a variable that must be integer and has the
specified lower bound.  UI is integer with specified upper found, BV is
binary, SC is semi-continuous with given upper bound (presumably the lower

bound must be specified with an LB).

I think we probably want to accept these extensions. There are other CPLEX

extensions that may be more or less common that we may want to consider
supporting in the future.

                                 Matt

> John Forrest
>

>             Anureet Saxena
>             <anureet at yahoo.co
>             m> To
>             Sent by:                  coin-discuss at list.coin-or.org,
>             coin-discuss-boun         anureet at cmu.edu
>             ces at list.coin-or. cc
>             org
> Subject
>                                       [Coin-discuss] problem with
>             04/11/06 12:50 PM         initialsolve
>

>             Please respond to
>             Discussions about
>                open source
>               software for
>                Operations
>                 Research
>             <coin-discuss at lis
>              t.coin-or.org>
>

> hi,
>
> I am trying to solve a linear program by
> OsiClpSolverInterface::initialSolve() which is known to be feasible and
> bounded (cplex solves it to optimality). However, OsiClp reports the
linear
> program to be primal infeasible. The .mps file for the linear program
and a
> short code for verification can be found at,
>
> http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/anureets/COIN_tmp/workspace_my.tgz .
>
> It would be very helpful if someone could suggest what is going wrong
and a
> possible way to fix it.
>
> regards,
> Anureet Saxena
>

> Anureet Saxena
> anureet at cmu.edu
> anureet at yahoo.com
>
> --This mail was delivered to you on 100% recyclable electrons.

> countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu
http://www.math.clemson.edu/~mjs