[Coin-discuss] problem with initialsolve

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Wed Apr 19 07:22:22 EDT 2006

Anureet,

Cplex seems to accept a non standard MPS format bound.  There are LI bounds
which I have never heard of (they obviously allow a lower bound of minus
infinity).  The Mps standard is MI and when I changed them to that then the
problem was feasible.

CoinMpsIo should have given error messages on unrecognized bound types - I
think I have corrected that.

John Forrest

             Anureet Saxena
             <anureet at yahoo.co
             Sent by:                  coin-discuss at list.coin-or.org,
             coin-discuss-boun         anureet at cmu.edu
             ces at list.coin-or.                                          cc
             org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [Coin-discuss] problem with
             04/11/06 12:50 PM         initialsolve

             Please respond to
             Discussions about
                open source
               software for
                Operations
                 Research
             <coin-discuss at lis
              t.coin-or.org>

hi,

I am trying to solve a linear program by
OsiClpSolverInterface::initialSolve() which is known to be feasible and
bounded (cplex solves it to optimality). However, OsiClp reports the linear
program to be primal infeasible. The .mps file for the linear program and a
short code for verification can be found at,

http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/anureets/COIN_tmp/workspace_my.tgz .

It would be very helpful if someone could suggest what is going wrong and a
possible way to fix it.

regards,
Anureet Saxena

Anureet Saxena
anureet at cmu.edu
anureet at yahoo.com

--This mail was delivered to you on 100% recyclable electrons.

countries) for 2¢/min or less.