[Coin-discuss] Removing Deadwood in Bcp

Francois Margot fmargot at andrew.cmu.edu
Sat Apr 15 12:12:27 EDT 2006

Laci:

The RemoveExploredBranches does not create problems, apparently,
but its efficiency seems quite limited. I have never seen the
memory usage going down (as reported by top) even when running
large BC with depth first. Are the generated cuts corresponding
to deadwood removed from "cuts" in BCP_tm_prob? I can not see where this
is done. It should not be that hard to do, since it is possible
to store the index of the node where a cut was generated and remove the cut
when its "generating node" is removed.

Francois