[Coin-discuss] Using CbcHeuristicFPump outside branch and cut

James Gibbons James.Gibbons at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Apr 5 09:40:16 EDT 2006

John,

I should have been more specific. Where I'm seeing the slow down is in the cut generation at the root node.  I.e. between branchAndBound() starting and the cut passes at root finishing. There is no further console output from FPump after the initial run that finds the solution, so possibly I'm mistaken about the cause.

James

James,

Using FPump should not slow it down.  When I try it is only used at the
root node with setWhen NOT being used.  This means when_ will be 1 and the
code at line 84 of CbcHeuristicFPump.cpp will return at once unless it is
at root node.

However you should be able to use it outside branchAndBound - I may get
time to look at it.

You are correct about documentation being wrong way round.

John Forrest

--
Dr James Gibbons
Research Fellow