[Coin-discuss] GLPK AND SYMPHONY not getting the same solutions

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Thu Oct 20 12:18:09 EDT 2005

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005, Ted Ralphs wrote:

> Under the heading "BOUNDS Section" and the subheading "Default Bounds,"
> the OSL manual says the following:
>
> "For integer variables, the default bounds on columns are 0 and 1.
> (WARNING, if you want a very large bound for an integer variable,
> explicitly set it to 1020. DO NOT specify a value larger than 1020, or
> leave the value unspecified, thinking that the result will be "unbounded.")"

This strikes me as a strange thing to do.
Does this mean that 1020 is the largest integer upper bound
one can set or that 1020 is replaced by +infinity?

Presumably if one had some integer variables bounded by 1020 and
others bounded by 1021 one would have to introduce explicit rows.

--
Mike   hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.NoDak.edu
"I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES.  *I* ONLY TURN UP ONCE."  --  Death