[Coin-discuss] OsiSimplexInterface?

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Sun Oct 16 10:57:48 EDT 2005

Lou,

That is my stealth way of doing things.  Clp seems to be the only code
that implemented all the methods but Francois Margot has been implementing
some of them for Cplex and keeping the dual inheritance led to some very
ugly coding.  So I moved all code into OsiSolverInterface to see how long
it would take for people to notice.  The answer is about two weeks.

No code needs to be changed.

There is now a canDoSimplexInterface method which should return 0 if the
solver can't do any of methods, 1 if it can do getBInvARow etc and 2 if it
can attempt all methods.

John

Lou Hafer <lou at cs.sfu.ca>
Sent by: coin-discuss-bounces at list.coin-or.org
10/15/2005 07:35 PM
Please respond to
Lou Hafer and Discussions about open source software for Operations
Research

coin-discuss at list.coin-or.org
cc

Subject
[Coin-discuss] OsiSimplexInterface?

                 What's up with OsiSimplexInterface?  I notice it's
disappeared.  It's
possible I wasn't paying attention, but I don't recall seeing anything
posted.

                                 Thanks,
                                                 Lou