[Coin-discuss] CoinLpIO

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Wed Oct 12 15:30:42 EDT 2005

Can't see any harm if it is an option.  Put in so defaults to current
usage but if changeOnRanges is true then appends _low.

Jean-Sebastien Roy <js at jeannot.org>
Sent by: coin-discuss-bounces at list.coin-or.org
10/10/2005 06:52 PM
Please respond to
Discussions about open source software for Operations Research

coin-discuss at list.coin-or.org
cc

Subject
[Coin-discuss] CoinLpIO

Hi !

I noticed some solvers (like GLPK) complain when two constraints in an
LP file share the same name, as it is the case for files output by
CoinLpIO.cpp's writeLp function when constraints are ranged.

As a quick fix I added "low" to the second constraint. The CPLEX LP
format definition do not discuss the possibility of multiple constraints
with the same name (even if it makes sense in this case). Maybe it can
be made an option ?

diff -r1.5 CoinLpIO.cpp
628c628
<          fprintf(fp, "%s:", rowNames[i]);
---
>          fprintf(fp, "%slow:", rowNames[i]);

Regards,

js