[Coin-discuss] Optimization level for OsiClp, bug in pack1.mps

Laszlo Ladanyi ladanyi at us.ibm.com
Mon May 30 11:49:53 EDT 2005

On Mon, 30 May 2005, Michael Hennebry wrote:

> On Sun, 29 May 2005, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
>
> > Is there anything that stops one from putting both -Ox and -g flags in
> > OptLevel, say, with += ?
>
> OptLevel= -O3 -g
> is allowed, but my recollection is that there is
> good reason for not doing that.
> I think the makefiles do explicit tests for -g.

Yes, OptLevel="-O3 -g" is allowed (must be quoted, because of the space). In
general, if the OptLevel is -O then the optimization flag used will be the
highest level of optimization on that platform and compiler (if someone does
some extensive testing, I'd be happy to modify what the "highest level"
means). Otherwise the optimization level used will be the content of OptLevel.
Also, some flags are enabled only if '-g' is not part of OptLevel (like
-ffast-math); and some flags are set only if none of the optimization flags
(-O, -O1, etc.) are set (like -DNDEBUG).

> --
> Mike   hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.NoDak.edu
> "There are three kinds of people,
> those who can count and those who can't."

--Laci