[Coin-discuss] Optimization level for OsiClp, bug in pack1.mps

Francois Margot fmargot at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri May 27 12:54:52 EDT 2005

Why is the default for compiling OsiClp set to -g instead of -O, like
for all the other modules?

As a side note, it would be easier for me to have an optimization level for
all the modules (like GobalOptLevel) and then using CoinOptLevel,
CglOptLevel, etc ... for each of the modules, setting them to
GlobalOptLevel by default  and leaving the option to the user to go in the
Makefile of a particular module to modify the optimization setting of that
module.

This is the case for me, as when I modify the optimization level, it is
usually for all the modules, when I want to use the debugger for tracking
something strange or to reset it back to -O after that.

The file /home/prov/COIN/Mps/Sample/pack1.mps is not in mps format.
Removal of the first line is necessary (or commenting it out).

Francois