[Coin-discuss] Win msvc6.0++ coinUnitTest

Alan King kingaj at us.ibm.com
Fri May 13 23:57:19 EDT 2005

Tried to reproduce this on a clean install.  Aside from not being able to
get my zlib to work, it works fine on my laptop, if a bit slowly.  (Geez,
John, you put PILOT87 in there? ... and now DFL001?)

Alan King

John J Forrest/Watson/IBM at IBMUS
Sent by: coin-discuss-bounces at list.coin-or.org
05/13/2005 06:46 PM
Please respond to
Discussions about open source software for Operations Research
<coin-discuss at list.coin-or.org>

Discussions about open source software for Operations Research
<coin-discuss at list.coin-or.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [Coin-discuss] Win msvc6.0++ coinUnitTest

Xiaojian,
I can not reproduce the error on Linux but that is not surprising.
CoinModel is a class for building a model by row and /or column in any
order.  The unitTest uses a random number generator to try and stress
code.  The random numbers will be different with msvc++.  So if you build
a model in this particular way it fails.  It is highly unlikely to fail
when used normally.  For the moment if you wish to use unitTest change the
50 on line 648 of Coin/Test/CoinModelTest.cpp to 21.
I will modify the unitTest to keep a trail of the random numbers and write
the results out if it fails.  Then hopefully I can debug on Linux.
You will also need to refresh test/CoinMpsIOTest.cpp as that fails because
I changed a default value from "stdin" to "????".  Shows that unit test is
not run often - the Clp one is however.
I hope you have better luck from now.
John Forrest

"Li, Xiaojian (RSCH)" <xiaojian_li at ml.com>
Sent by: coin-discuss-bounces at list.coin-or.org
05/13/2005 05:08 PM

Please respond to
Discussions about open source software for Operations Research

<coin-discuss at list.coin-or.org>
cc

Subject
[Coin-discuss] Win msvc6.0++ coinUnitTest

Hi, all,
I just downloaded coin and compiled under win XP msvc++6.0 coinUnitTest.
When I run the test this is what I get:
?
pass 21
Assertion failed: whichColumn==(int) elements_[position].column, file
h:\00work\coin\coin\coinmodel.cpp, line 2028
?
A really bad start:-(
Thanks for any help,
Xiaojian

If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the
sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain
or redistribute it. Click here for important additional terms relating to
this e-mail.     http://www.ml.com/email_terms/