[Coin-discuss] Fix necessary to install coin in Mac OS X

Sven de Vries devries at ma.tum.de
Wed Mar 30 13:27:44 EST 2005

Hi Robin,

I think a time-issue on mac came up once before in Coin;
at that time the fix was (applied) to CoinTime.hpp:

> Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 18:31:51 -0500 (EST)
> From: Matthew Saltzman <mjs at ces.clemson.edu>

> On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 ScottWelz at aol.com wrote:
>
> > Matt,
> >
> > There is a flag that we've used in other areas of COIN for these kinds of
> > issues.   OSX is based on the MACH microkernel so the compiler flag __MACH__ is
> > recognized
> > >[...]
>
> Added patch:
> #include <ctime>
> #if defined(_MSC_VER)
> // Turn off compiler warning about long names
> #  pragma warning(disable:4786)
> #else
> // MacOS-X
> #if defined(__MACH__)
> #include <sys/time.h>
> #endif
> #include <sys/resource.h>
> #endif
>
> See if that does the trick.
> --
> 		Matthew Saltzman

> I don't have a Mac OS, but if you/Francios send me the text of what should
> be in a FAQ, I'll happily post it on the COIN-OR website to help the next
> Max OS X user.

wouldn't it be better to commit a real fix for BCP_MACH.hpp into the
repository? something like:

#if defined(_MSC_VER)
#else
// MacOS-X
#if defined(__MACH__)
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/time.h>
#endif
#endif

(that works at least on my mac...; but I'm uncertain, which conditions to
put there, to avoid trouble on other plattforms)

greetings!
sven