[Coin-discuss] CoinAssert

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Mon Mar 14 11:35:58 EST 2005

Michael,

Thanks - I have added that (for gcc anyway)

John Forrest

Michael Hennebry <hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu>
Sent by: coin-discuss-bounces at list.coin-or.org
03/14/2005 10:57 AM
Please respond to
Discussions about open source software for Operations Research

Discussions about open source software for Operations Research
<coin-discuss at list.coin-or.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [Coin-discuss] CoinAssert

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, John J Forrest wrote:

> CoinAssert can obviously be used by anyone.  COIN_ASSERT may be made
> default if optimized but it may not work with all compilers and someone
> may be able to improve my #defines to give more information e.g. I don't
> know how to get function name while normal assert does.

>From /usr/include/assert.h:

/* Version 2.4 and later of GCC define a magical variable
`__PRETTY_FUNCTION__'
   which contains the name of the function currently being defined.
   This is broken in G++ before version 2.6.
   C9x has a similar variable called __func__, but prefer the GCC one
since
   it demangles C++ function names.  */

--
Mike   hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.NoDak.edu
"Our gods are dead.  Ancient Klingon warriors slew them