[Coin-discuss] *** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (fasttop)

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Wed Mar 2 16:01:31 EST 2005

After checking out Cgl from two weeks ago, this error goes away (see my

I observed this error only when compiling COIN on a 64-bit architecture,
and I suspect it may be unique to that setting. It seems to be just what
would normally be a segmentation fault. Compiling and running the exact
same version of the code on a 32-bit architecture results in a
segmentation fault. Unfortunately, valgrind cannot interpret 64-bit
code. A quick google search on

*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption

turns up lots of hits that seem to support this. Spencer, did you happen
to be on a 64-bit machine? At any rate, getting the Cgl version from two
weeks ago should fix it for now until we find the cause of the problem.

Cheers,

Ted

--
Dr. Ted Ralphs