[Coin-discuss] How to trace Cbc?

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Sun Jun 26 06:00:24 EDT 2005

Spencer,

It is not finished but there is a class CbcStatistics.

If you use branchAndBound(n) when n is 1 2 or 3 you will get increasing
amounts of printout.  Tell me what sort of things you want.

Default is obviously 0 as it takes a lot of memory to keep entire tree.

At present it is only printed but I will add other methods if useful.

John Forrest

"Spencer Fung" <sklfung at cse.cuhk.edu.hk>
Sent by: coin-discuss-bounces at list.coin-or.org
06/22/2005 03:23 PM
Please respond to
Discussions about open source software for Operations Research

<coin-discuss at list.coin-or.org>
cc

Subject
[Coin-discuss] How to trace Cbc?

Hi,

Does anyone know how to trace the branch-and-bound search with Cbc?
Actually, I want to know the following information at each variable
branch:

1.       The solution of the LP relaxation
2.       The variable is being branched
3.       The direction of the branch (left or right?)

Also, what is the default branching heuristic for Cbc?

Thanks.

Coin-discuss mailing list
Coin-discuss at list.coin-or.org