[Coin-discuss] How to trace Cbc?

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Fri Jun 24 01:59:21 EDT 2005

Spencer,

I will be putting in something to help by end of weekend.

John Forrest

Lou Hafer <lou at cs.sfu.ca>
Sent by: coin-discuss-bounces at list.coin-or.org
06/23/2005 07:02 PM
Please respond to
Lou Hafer and Discussions about open source software for Operations
Research

coin-discuss at list.coin-or.org
cc

Subject
Re: [Coin-discuss] How to trace Cbc?

Spencer,

                 Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it's likely time
you started
digging into the documentation and code.

                 There's a user's manual at http://www.coin-or.org/Cbc.
Chapter 9 tells
you what you can get by boosting the log level.

                 Additional information can be had.  You can start by
#define'ing
CBC_DEBUG (see Makefile.solve or Makefile.test for an example, or edit the
files you're interested in tracing). Output is cryptic and undocumented,
so
you'll need to scan the code to resolve some of the output. There are
additional defines to produce more detailed information on specific
actions,
which you'll notice once you start looking.

                 Last I looked, the default branching method was
reliability branching,
as per Achterberg, Koch, Martin, OR Letters, v33, Jan. 2005.

                                                 Lou