[Coin-discuss] Note about the mailing lists archives

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Mon Jul 25 07:20:26 EDT 2005

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005, Antonio Frangioni wrote:

> Is there a search facility to try to locate specific issues into the
> archives of the various COIN mailing lists? If so, it's well hidden. As
> a testament to a good project going well the archives are now quite long
> and locating a specific issue by browsing all the threads is now a long
> and tiresome process. Perhaps a small search facility could be added in
> the next revision of the COIN website.

There is currently no built-in search facility.  The best search option
for now (actually, it's pretty good anyway), is Google.  Just add

 	site:list.coin-or.org/pipermail/coin-discuss

(or whatever mailing list you want to search) to the terms of your search
in Google's search text box, or use the "Advanced Search" facility to
restrict your search to site list.coin-or.org/pipermail/coin-discuss.

At some point, I'll add links to the archive home pages for the mailing
lists that will initiate searches like these automatically.

> Thanks for reading
>
> Antonio
>
> Antonio Frangioni    -    Associate Professor    -    Università di Pisa
> Dipartimento di Informatica - Largo B. Pontecorvo, 3 - 56127 Pisa, Italy
> Ph: +39 050 2212789, Fax: +39 050 2212726, Web: www.di.unipi.it/~frangio

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu
http://www.math.clemson.edu/~mjs