[Coin-discuss] Quadro FX

Jason Mallios jmallios at cs.brown.edu
Thu Jul 21 10:58:25 EDT 2005

I'm running a SIM Voleon demo on a dual 3.2Ghz processor XP machine with a
Quadro FX 4400 (512 MB) card.  Suprisingly, the demo is extremely choppy
and slow and Coin spits out a gl error (1280 or 0x500) from
CvrClut::activatePalette(), but the demo does run.  I'm using 190
8-bit tiff images of 512 x 512 pixels, and each pixel equates to a voxel,
so that's 49,807,360 voxels.  There is some middleware between Coin and
the windowing toolkit called vgui (from the vxl opensource project).

I can't find the gl error online, but I suspect the graphics card is not
being used.  Has anyone had similar problems?  Can anyone help me debug
this issue?  Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks,
Jason