[Coin-discuss] Separate BCP directories needed for separate builds?

Brady Hunsaker hunsaker at engr.pitt.edu
Mon Feb 7 14:58:23 EST 2005

I've been using BCP recently for a branch-and-price implementation (this
  has led to my other recent questions on the list also).

It seems that unlike Osi, each application that uses Bcp needs to have
its own Bcp directory somewhere.  If two applications are built
referencing the same Bcp directory, then it appears that recompiling one
will break the other.  I guess this is because Bcp is not a library, but
must be compiled as part of each application.

Is this correct?  If so, how do people usually deal with this?  It's
annoying to try to remember which application is tied to which Bcp
directory since I'm not changing anything in the Bcp directories (except
perhaps compiler optimization).

Thanks,
Brady

--