[Coin-discuss] Switching from branch-and-cut to branch-and-cut-and-price?

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Fri Dec 2 11:43:40 EST 2005

Herve,

If you want to get up and running with branch and cut quickly, either
SYMPHONY or CBC are fine choices. If and when you want to move to
branch, cut, and price, BCP is really your best option. I would not
recommend SYMPHONY for branch and price at this point. If you are sure
you will want to move to BCP eventually and are ready for a somewhat
steeper learning curve, you could start with BCP. However, my guess is
that the transition from SYMPHONY or CBC to BCP would not be too bad.
Another factor is that there are some new projects in development to
support branch, cut, and price. If you start with SYMPHONY or CBC, you
may have some more options by the time you are ready. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ted

--
Dr. Ted Ralphs