[Coin-discuss] Switching from branch-and-cut to branch-and-cut-and-price?

Herve Kerivin kerivin at math.univ-bpclermont.fr
Fri Dec 2 02:07:31 EST 2005

Hi,

To solve a large-scale mixed-integer linear program, I first plan to
implement a branch-and-cut solution method. Later, I may need to extend
it to a branch-and-cut-and-price one. It seems that the most appropriate
COIN-OR project for a branch-and-cut is CBC, and for a
branch-and-cut-and-price is Symphony (or BCP?). Does anyone have any
idea/advice on how to convert a CBC code into a Symphony (or BCP) one?
Thanks a lot in advance for your help.
All the best,

Herve

Herve Kerivin           Maitre de Conferences (Assistant Professor)
Departement de Mathematiques et d'Informatique
Laboratoire LIMOS - CNRS UMR 6158
Universite Blaise Pascal - Clermont-Ferrand II
Complexe Scientifique des Cezeaux
63177 Aubiere Cedex, FRANCE
Tel: +33 4 73 40 76 29    Fax: +33 4 73 40 76 39
E-mail: kerivin at math.univ-bpclermont.fr