[Coin-discuss] memory semantics of OsiSolverInterface::setWarmStart

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Thu Aug 25 13:47:24 EDT 2005

Jonathan,

	OsiDylp::setWarmStart copies the information out of the CoinWarmStart
object into internal structures (in effect, moving the information into the
solver).  It's safe to delete the CoinWarmStart object as soon as the call
returns.

	I would expect this holds true for most OSIs, and a quick glance at a
couple of others (OsiClp, OsiGlpk, OsiCpx) seems to support this. On the other
hand, a solver that can use a CoinWarmStartBasis object directly could
conceivably hang on to the object passed in as a parameter.

	If no one contradicts me, you're safe to destruct on return  :-).

							Lou