[Coin-discuss] How to cut off "optimal" solution in CBC

Jim Hurd jimh at datagrove.com
Tue Aug 23 13:47:07 EDT 2005

I have a cut generator that may cut off a found integer/optimal solution
when it runs. I have it set to run atSolution, which works, but looking at
the code for  CbcModel::setBestSolution it seems that the solution is
installed prior to running the cuts. When I run my Cbc based solver
branchAndBound terminates with a solution that should be cut off. How do I
get Cbc to respect these global cuts? There are too many to just put them
all in the model at the beginning.

Thanks,

Jim Hurd