[Coin-discuss] make target dir name [was: interpret this please]

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Tue Aug 2 17:37:49 EDT 2005

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005, Lou Hafer wrote:

> 	Using both both platform and optimization level to name the target
> directory has been useful for me. I could live without it but would prefer to
> live with it.

My suggestion is to make simple and non-verbose the default.
Where they differ, simple should trump non-verbose.
Allow other things as options.

One of the things to be allowed is the
explicit specification of the target directory.
My recollection is that some compilers
have options that affect the binary API.

As the default make the target directory
the "." "sub-directory" of obj.
Allow other sub-directories as options.
Some useable possibilities could be
commented out next to comments about
what they do.

The target directories should be specified
and editable in one of the global makefiles.

They should be overrideable locally.

--
Mike   hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.NoDak.edu
"There are three kinds of people,