[Coin-discuss] Licensing question

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Fri Apr 29 12:31:32 EDT 2005

Rastislav,

In addition to Lou's answer, which was accurate according to my
uderstanding of the CPL, I would also point you to IBM's CPL FAQ, which
has answers to your question and many more:

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/os-cplfaq.html

One additional note of advice that may be important is that the CPL does
require that if you make any modifications to the COIN code, such as bug
fixes, etc.,  and you redistribute the modified code in binary form, you
must also release the fixes in source code form under the CPL, i.e., you
must contribute them back to the project.

Disclaimer: As Lou says, this advice is worth every cent and should not
be considered sound :).

Cheers,

Ted
--