[Coin-discuss] cbc doesn't build (on osx)

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Tue Apr 5 17:02:28 EDT 2005

Sven,

I knew there might be a problem with OsiCbc and there is a minor one.

If you go to COIN/Osi and make then OsiCbc library gets built and put in
COIN/lib where Cbc make can find it.

If you do make in COIN/Cbc before make in COIN/Osi there is no mention of
OsiCbc in Makefile so you won't find library.  The simple solution would
be to put a mention in the COIN/Cbc/Makefile but then we get an infinite
make as Cbc wants OsiCbc which wants Cbc which wants ....

Does someone know how to get round that?

John Forrest

coin-discuss-bounces at list.coin-or.org wrote on 04/02/2005 08:13:53 AM:

> Hi,
>
> trying to build CBC yields: ....
>
> Creating cbc
> g++ -I-  -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wwrite-strings -Wconversion
> -pipe -DCOIN_USE_CLP -DCOIN_USE_CBC -g -DCBC_DEBUG
> -I/Users/devries/COIN/Cbc/include -I/Users/devries/COIN/include
> -I/Users/devries/COIN/include -I/Users/devries/COIN/Clp/include
> -I/Users/devries/COIN/include -I/Users/devries/COIN/include -I./include
> -DCOIN_USE_BZLIB -DCOIN_USE_ZLIB -o Darwin-g/cbc Darwin-g/CbcMain.o
> Darwin-g/CbcParam.o Darwin-g/unitTest.o -L/Users/devries/COIN/lib
> -L/Users/devries/COIN/lib -L/Users/devries/COIN/lib
> -L/Users/devries/COIN/lib -L/Users/devries/COIN/lib
> -L/Users/devries/COIN/lib  -lCbc -lCgl -lOsiClp -lClp -lOsi -lCoin -lbz2
> -lz   -lm
> ld: Undefined symbols:

OsiCbcSolverInterface::OsiCbcSolverInterface[in-charge](OsiSolverInterface*,